Wynne believes one of its corporate responsibilities is to improve all aspects of the world in which we operate: environment, social, economic, creating a better tomorrow than today. Wynne’ Sustainability Vision is simple in concept, but far-reaching in impact. Environmental stewardship is a core part of this vision. Wynne recognizes our responsibility to be a good steward of the environment, both as a corporate citizen and as a way to support the company’s goals.
Our environmental policy includes the following:
- We will comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements and company standards and conduct regular audits to verify compliance.
- We will apply sound environmental management practices where, in our judgment, existing legal requirements are insufficient for our operations.
- We will consider our potential environmental impacts in our daily business decision-making processes.
- We will encourage conservation of natural resources, recycling, source reduction and pollution control to ensure cleaner air and water, and to reduce landfill wastes. We will share environmental best practices across the company.
- We will monitor emerging issues and keep abreast of regulatory changes, technological innovations, and stakeholder interests. Working with governments, academia, non-governmental organizations, business associations and other interested stakeholders, we will strive to develop effective and sustainable solutions to environmental challenges we face in our business activities.
- We will establish metrics to monitor our environmental performance, and use these to set goals for continuous improvement.
- We will implement environmental management systems to identify and manage environmental risks, obligations, and opportunities.
- We will work with our licensed bottlers, suppliers, and customers to reduce the environmental impacts of our products throughout their life cycle.
- We will annually review the company’s performance in implementing this policy.
- We will review this policy periodically and update it as needed.
It is the responsibility of both Wynne’s corporate and divisional leaders to ensure that this policy is effectively communicated, understood, and implemented throughout Wynne’s operations. All employees are responsible for understanding the impacts of this policy on their day-to-day activities and are encouraged to apply good environmental stewardship both in and beyond the workplace.